Executive Condominium – CPF Housing Grants
These are the CPF Housing Grants available for Executive Condominium (EC) purchases from developers:
- Family Grant
- Half-Housing Grant
You and any co-applicants must be eligible for the grant at the point of booking the Executive Condominium.
Check if you are a first-timer applicant
You will be considered a first-timer applicant if you have not received any housing subsidy from HDB, which means that you must not:
- Be the owner of a flat bought from HDB
- Have sold a flat bought from HDB
- Have taken the CPF Housing Grant to buy an EC, Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat or an HDB resale flat, or taken over ownership of such a flat or Executive Condominium
- Have transferred the ownership of a flat bought directly from HDB, or an HDB resale flat bought with a CPF Housing Grant
- Have ever taken other forms of housing subsidy, such as Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme benefits or privatisation of HUDC estate
Citizen Top-Up (for SC/ SPR households)
You can apply for the Citizen Top-Up of $10,000 when a qualifying member of your SC/ SPR household obtains Singapore citizenship. You need to submit your application to HDB within 6 months of being eligible for it.
How to apply
You can apply for the CPF Housing Grant when booking your Executive Condominium with the developer.
CPF Housing Grants are fully credited into the CPF Ordinary Accounts of eligible Singapore Citizen (SC) applicants. No cash is disbursed.
The CPF Housing Grants can be used to:
- Offset the balance downpayment for the EC and subsequent payments towards the purchase price.
- Reduce the mortgage loan for the Executive Condominium.
The grant cannot be used for the minimum cash downpayment (if any) and monthly mortgage instalment payments.
The grant will also be included in the computation of the CPF withdrawal limit.
Example – Getting a CPF Housing Grant for Executive Condominium
Mr O (SC) and Mrs O (SPR) have booked an Executive Condominium unit. Both of them have never taken any housing subsidy and their monthly household income at the point of application is $10,500.
A grant of $10,000 will be fully disbursed to Mr O, the sole SC applicant. Subsequently, if Mrs O obtains Singapore citizenship or the couple has an SC child, they may apply for the $10,000 Citizen Top-Up.